What do you have in your flock?

Pics
@SJchickens is that a bouncing chicken in your avatar? That is hilarious. I am dying!
gig.gif

Can someone tell me if this is really a blue maran in my flock and is it a Pullet or roo? It's about 12 weeks old and just in the past week dropped wattles but has been really red faced for a while. We had another of the same breed and he showed signs of being a rooster at 4 weeks with feathered feet.

Last edited:
this is what i have:

ee
sl wyandottes
blr wyandottes
gl wyandottes
bo
rir
welsummers
barred rocks

Can someone tell me if this is really a blue maran in my flock and is it a Pullet or roo? It's about 12 weeks old and just in the past week dropped wattles but has been really red faced for a while. We had another of the same breed and he showed signs of being a rooster at 4 weeks with feathered feet.
For 12 weeks, I'd say that's a pullet. I haven't had any roosters with that small of a comb at that age.

I'm brand new to chickens and have 5 1month old Salmon Faverolles! I love them already and just got a coop that is bigger than they need, so I want more chickens!!! Haha!! I've read lots about Faverolles getting bullied, so I'm wondering about getting other breeds. I'd like to mix it up a little. I was thinking Americaunas and/or Brahmas? I really like the SL Wyandotte too though. Anybody out there with SF that mix them up with other breeds have any suggestions for me?

I'm brand new to chickens and have 5 1month old Salmon Faverolles! I love them already and just got a coop that is bigger than they need, so I want more chickens!!! Haha!! I've read lots about Faverolles getting bullied, so I'm wondering about getting other breeds. I'd like to mix it up a little. I was thinking Americaunas and/or Brahmas? I really like the SL Wyandotte too though. Anybody out there with SF that mix them up with other breeds have any suggestions for me?
try cochins there really friendly

Does dawn dish soap really work for stopping an egg eater?
I don't know if it's the hens or the rooster!
I'm not sure but the first egg I got today I was pecked....
1f414.png
1f373.png

Back
Top Bottom