What do you have in your flock?

Pics
Just got some new black australorp, buff orpington, speckled Sussex and delawares. Came in about an hour ago!
celebrate.gif

I was planning on getting 8
11 weeks ago when I got my first chicks... now I have
LFs:
6 buff Orpingtons
8 Easter eggers
2 black australorps
4 barred Barred rocks
1 accidental speckled Sussex
2 red sex links

Bantams:
2 porcelain D'uccles
10 Cochin bantams

And that would add up to a grand total of 35!!! All in 11 weeks. :oops: It's more than a hobby.... it's an addiction

I just have five hens. I know that's nothing compared to a lot of you who have TONS of different breeds, but I personally, love small flocks! Makes it easier to bond with them all and discover so much about each of them. So I have three buff orps, one speckled sussex and one EE mix.

Welsummers, brownleghorns, easter eggers, and one golden laced polish hen, colorful egg basket :) Just added six white silkies, and am waiting for delivery of ten white jersey giants, ten black langshans and five blue langshans.

Started out wanting just six hens, chicken math Lol! ;-)

I love chicken math!
thumbsup.gif
I started with 6 black australorp hens a few years ago. The numbers have since grown and shrunk, grown some more, shrunk a bit, then blew up.
gig.gif
LOL!
lau.gif

we're new to chickens, so we started out with 4 Buff Orpingtons. We weren't planning to expand the flock or get a rooster until next year, but that obviously wasn't in the cards for us. We knew within a week we'd expand sooner. When 'roostergate' occurred, we figured now is the best time to go ahead and add more. As of today, we have

5 Buff Orpingtons
1 Chocolate Orpington
1 Easter Egger
1 Blue Marans
1 Sliver Laced Wyandotte

for now...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom