What do you have in your flock?

Pics
I think I'm beginning to understand the "chicken math". As of today, I have three 4 week old SL Wyandottes added to my flock.
big_smile.png

Since the coop changed. I have 1 Ameraucana Roo (I think he is actually an EE though. Bought him from Cal Ranch store supposed to be an Ameraucana), 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 2 Speckled Sussex, 2 Ameraucanas (also think they are actually EE's aslo bought from Cal Ranch), and 1 Black Australorp.

So maybe you all know. I have 2 chickens that I bought as black austrolaups. According to this site if theyre austrolaurps they should have yellow on the bottom of their feet. One has yellow feet the other has black feet. They have a beautiful green color in their feathers when the sun shines on them. They aren't very friendly. Do you suppose they're both austrolaups

So maybe you all know. I have 2 chickens that I bought as black austrolaups. According to this site if theyre austrolaurps they should have yellow on the bottom of their feet. One has yellow feet the other has black feet. They have a beautiful green color in their feathers when the sun shines on them. They aren't very friendly. Do you suppose they're both austrolaups

Actually, Australorps should have white foot pads... Jersey Giants have yellow footpads... can you post pics? We could help more if we can see them... :)

I've had several turn overs of the 3 chickens I'm allowed as a city dweller. This is my final answer.
One RIR Gretta van So stern, Easter Egger Sadie hawk,

and now Whitie Bulger (not sure what kind she is).

Hope they are ALL girls.

I've had several turn overs of the 3 chickens I'm allowed as a city dweller. This is my final answer.
One RIR Gretta van So stern, Easter Egger Sadie hawk,

and now Whitie Bulger (not sure what kind she is).

Hope they are ALL girls.

OMG. Those names! Greta Van So Stern just cracked me up!

I think I'm beginning to understand the "chicken math". As of today, I have three 4 week old SL Wyandottes added to my flock.
big_smile.png

Oh yeah. Chicken Math. I posted earlier about adding more to our flock since a rooster came into the picture. LOL Now, I think I have 3 roos. I know for sure we have 2 now. I went with themes for names but suddenly realize, might not be a great idea. The first set was The Golden Girls. Dorothy, turned out to be a rooster(go figure). Then, it was Bond Girls. Holly Goodhead turned out to be a James. And now, I suspect Domino's name may need to be changed to Dr. No or Jaws.
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Your coop and run are absolutely beautiful!!! If my chickens saw it, they'd be jealous because they live in an old milkhouse-turned-coop, and their roosts are tree segments from the farm. Nice pictures!!!

A couple of weeks ago i posted about my flock with 3 dutch bantam mama's and their chicks. Now they have all grown and the young roosters had to go. Happily I found a chicken lover who had no problem with 3 more roosters and he put them with a group of pullets, all white hybrids for laying production.

My own pullets all stayed and they are growing into beautifull hens now. One pure red pyle and two black (mixed color) with a bit of rust. The black pirats are named black & pearl. The pyle is called Tammie, she is the lowest in rank.

Maybe nice if more of us put our flock in the signature ? :weee

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom