What do you have in your flock?

Pics
Chickens are addictive.  I only wanted two pet Silkies 5 yrs ago.  I cycled through 13 chickens in 5 yrs but have it down to 4 little hens now.  Learned my lesson and have a lot more will-power to say "no" now ;)

Silkies are absolutely adorable but they wouldn't fare well with my big birds. Although I do still have the other coop and dog kennel run they could live in when the new coop is finished..... lol

Silkies are absolutely adorable but they wouldn't fare well with my big birds. Although I do still have the other coop and dog kennel run they could live in when the new coop is finished..... lol

Because DH loves the two Silkies we had to keep them. That's why we cycled through so many chickens to find gentle compatible breeds to get along with the little Silkies. The best LF breeds to get along with the little bantams is our Blue Wheaten Ameraucana and Blue Breda -- both gentle types.

Black Austrolorp, RIR and an EE.
D.gif

Last edited:
Because DH loves the two Silkies we had to keep them.  That's why we cycled through so many chickens to find gentle compatible breeds to get along with the little Silkies.  The best LF breeds to get along with the little bantams is our Blue Wheaten Ameraucana and Blue Breda -- both gentle types.

I don't think I could get rid of my girls now since I love them so much but maybe I could get Silkies and give them their own pen lol

You will have that smaller coop that is better for a couple of bantam. Not that I'm encouraging anything.

LOL it's alright, you're not cause I was already thinking of that :p

Hmmmm.....

Maybe I will have to get some!

TSC has bantams in right now and I know they're not exactly the best place to get them and it's not even guaranteed they're silkies but they were sooo active and adorable and that way it's more of an accident than planned finding a breeder or ordering from the hatchery :p

I'm a first time chicken mom and I have a small flock of 5.

2 Delawares
1 Sliver Laced Wyandotte
1 Dominique
1 Blue Andalusian (She's my favorite)

I also had a Speckled Sussex that was my 3 yr old's but my neighbors dog got a hold of her. I'm trying to find another one but can't seem to find any close enough to me to make replacing her worth it.

I'm a first time chicken mom and I have a small flock of 5.

2 Delawares
1 Sliver Laced Wyandotte
1 Dominique
1 Blue Andalusian (She's my favorite)

I also had a Speckled Sussex that was my 3 yr old's but my neighbors dog got a hold of her. I'm trying to find another one but can't seem to find any close enough to me to make replacing her worth it.

Congrats on your new adventure. Sorry to hear about your Sussex. That's never fun. I hope you find a bird that will make your little one happy!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom