What do you love about where you live?

seminolewind

Flock Mistress
Premium Feather Member
15 Years
Sep 6, 2007
Corydon, Indiana
I love the 8 months that don't include the summer. I love that I work a mile away, the supermarket, bank, gas, car wash, drug store, are all a mile away. I have an acre in a neighborhood where everyone has an acre. And after 12 years of hating a job, I have 3 years so far of liking a job.

That I live outside of the city limits which allows me to have chickens. That I live in a small town,well alot smaller than Raleigh NC. That we have 4 seasons and we don't get to much bad weather.

I lvoe that there are no grocery stores with-in an hour (I also hate it) I love that the population in town is under 300
gig.gif

I love the peace and quiet, the BLACK CLEAR sky at night... cept for the stars...
I love not hearing cars and sirens and all kinds of junk!

I LOVE the fact I have three acres, and nobody living close enough to see into my bathroom... LOL

LOVE the country! Dont' miss the city life AT ALL.... (cept starbucks)

I love that if I am standing outside my bank 15 minutes before it opens, they will open for me, or stay late if I call and say I will be there 15 minutes after they close. I love that I live 37 seconds from my job at the hospital and that our community hospital has all of 56 beds total for all the units. I love that I have the mountains in one direction and the ocean in the other all within 2 hours either way. And for those rare occasions that I need a homgok and BBQ pork bun from China town in San Francisco I can get there and back before dinner. And I love that fact that I can call my small town doc when I get home from driving in the city and he will call in anxiety meds without having to see me
lol.png

No traffic. No traffic lights. No nosey neighbors looking over the fence. Not a single Walmart within 60 miles of here. Lots of trees. Plenty of quiet. 3 hours from the nearest city!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GEE... maybe I am a bit of a recluse.

I love that I cannot see a neighbors house from mine, or from my yard (except when I'm down in the lower meadow by the river - if I look up the ridge I can see my neighbors lights)

I love that my 5 acres is so private it feels like living in a park! That for the first time in my life I can see the milky way without a telescope. That I have deer, and coyote, and a bear living in my woods.

That the culture of a college town is only 25 minutes away if I want to go to a play or concert.

I love the natural beauty. The peace and quiet.... until 4:30am when Mario the Roo starts going off!

I love that I am out where I can see the stars at night and set up a telescope if I want.

I love that there are no street lights, no traffic noise and no smog.

I love that by the time I get home in the afternoon, the drive was long enough and beautiful enough that my job doesn't exist until tomorrow.

I love that our neighbors are far enough away for privacy, but close enough for a cuppa coffee or gossip at the gate between our properties.

I love that we bought when we did. Couldn't afford to live here now!

I love the neighborhood of caring folks who welcomed us with open arms when we moved in.

I love that the little feed store, while a bit higher in price than the city, will leave me a bag of feed outside the door if I am running late and don't get there in time. They just have me settle up later.

I love that when I take vacation, there is no place I enjoy more than being right here.

There are just too many to list.

Back
Top Bottom