What do you think? Arucana Roo X Black Star Hen

Dagirls

Chirping
7 Years
May 5, 2012
Moloaa, Kauai, HI
Thought I would announce my new addition I know nothing about incubating eggs. Always buy chicks. This little guy is the only
one of four eggs hatched by this Black Star mother. The Rooster is a Arucana I did not have the heart to get rid off. She sat on her nest outside in the rain and hot sun when we found her in the tall grass and covered her. One didn't hatch out and the other's were not viable. Now I dont know how to vaccinate as I can't get one dose. I don't want Mom to have medicated feed and I want Mom and baby to stay together. What a mess we have ourselves in Ollie
wee.gif
.What suggestions to separate. I am getting new chicks in two weeks and this one is only 2 weeks old.

I don't think you should separate the chick unless necessary. As of vaccinating the chick, is it really needed to be done? Whenever my guinea fowl hatch babies I don't vaccinate them and I feed them organic all natural, non-medicated feed. Never once have I had a sick Guinea fowl and they aren't vaccinated. Good luck with your birds!

I got a chick that looks very similar! It's daddy's an easter egger and mama is a black sex link! Here is the chick at 4 days old

Now he looks like this

It's amazing how fast they grow

And I never medicate my chicks, don't sweat it. They'll be fine, my older birds are 1.5 yrs old now and I haven't given them an medications and no illnesses what so ever.

I agree, my birds have never been medicated and don't have problems. As long as you have a clean environment and good nutritional food they will be fine. I would only medicate my birds if I knew they had a serious illness. Most of the times if they begin to act lame I put Vitamin and Electrolyte mix in their water and they get better. I also always put DE in their food.

Back
Top Bottom