What do you think of the "Twilight" Series?

What do you think of the "Twilight" series?

• I LOVE it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I can't stand it!

• I don't really know what it is.

• It's OK, but not great.

• I have heard about it, but don't really care that much

• Too mushy

• Too weird

• Boring

• Other

• Total voters
I read the first one because of a friend's request. Let me say right now, she is a very, very good friend because I couldn't get into Twilight.

Bella annoyed the heck out of me. She was whiny and unlikeable. Edward is very controlling. The only character that I liked is Alice. An entire series of novels could be written around Alice.

But I don't put down anyone who enjoys the novels. Sometimes it is fun to soak in a hot tub and just read a novel that has no redeeming qualities beyond its ability to entertain. If reading Twilight makes someone happy and temporarily stress free, that is great.
smile.png

I put down other because although I wasn't crazy about the book, I understand why some people might enjoy it.

Last edited:
I liked the books. 2 reasons, first I love vampire genre and it was a refreshing take on the idea of vampirism. The second was cause of her writing style...although many said it's "incorrect", I liked it because it was written this way, it was different.

I liked them for the fun of reading nothing more. I don't go around gushing about it or anything, I just enjoyed it for the mental escape. I'll probably see all the movies out of curiosity, to see how someone else imagines it. They are kinda lame, esp if you haven't read the books, so much is left out that you don't have a base of information to work from. The movies are for the people who read the books. My fav part in new moon was victorias chase seen, when all the things were coming together in the movie and the music chosen for it was great... the crow also made it cool.

Not to mention that it's a good excues to go to the movies and spend a little step mom n daughter time together on something we both like.

Last edited:
i love twilight. i am a twilight fanatic. i made my mom buy me 2 new moon tees at walmart hahaha i only have 2 so far. lol. june 30th is really taking tooooooooo long!!! i have already watched all the eclipse trailors i could. lol along with some breaking dawn trailors lol. i HATE reading. i can't stand it. i get antsy and i just wana go insane (that's why i don't reads school text books lol) but i am considering reading the twilight saga books
big_smile.png

Quote:
Read the books, if you're antsy, read a page, then do something else... or read and do something at the same time, i'll do my tread mill and read ... just a thought... but you're really missing out on alot of details and explainations that you don't get in the movies.

I said other. Liked the books but the acting sucked. Maybe just because it was played up so much? Everyone talks that the book was poorly written, but it was intended for a teen audience so I think it's okay
smile.png
The movies though
sickbyc.gif
. I didn't waste the money to see New Moon.

Quote:
I was totally against it. Because I can't stand teen girls being so gah over something like that. I automaticly go against anything that is 'in'. But I got talked into reading them. And what would you know. I loved them.
hide.gif
As did my mother.

I really enjoyed the books and don't understand some people's negative attitudes toward any book. Like or dislike, that's fine. Everyone has an opinion and that's the way it should be
smile.png

Quote:
I was totally against it. Because I can't stand teen girls being so gah over something like that. I automaticly go against anything that is 'in'. But I got talked into reading them. And what would you know. I loved them.
hide.gif
As did my mother.

This kinda happened to me as well.. my mom wanted them for christmas, so after trying to talk her out of it, I finally cracked and got all 4 for her.. then I went home to visit one weekend, and she was talking about it, so I thought I would give the first book a try... and that was it for me.. I was hooked! hah.. I finished the first book in 24 hours..
droolin.gif
then read the next 3 over 2 weeks... ( one week was spent in Cuba on Vaca.. so I had lots of time!! lol )... I think people really do forget the books are for teenage girls... so lighten up on it !!... I enjoyed just being able to relax and read the books... they are VERY easy readers... I didnt have to re-read the page 10 times to try to understand the point Stephanie Meyer was trying to get across... Plus.. you kinda have to enjoy the whole vampire love story thing..and if thats not what floats ur boat, of course you will hate it...

Back
Top Bottom