What Do You Want Added To The BYC Forum & Site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that everything previously mentioned would be wonderful! I don't think, however, that the personal pages (for blogs pictures, personal information about yourself and you farm, etc.) is needed. I mean, if you want to do that, just get a free website. Maybe you could add a page where people can post links to their website along with information beside it, like, for example, "Shady lane farms- breeders of such and such a breed, information about chickens and pictures of my coop here!" along with the link. I think that chat would be great, extra smilies!, private messaging, and the other things mentioned would be very helpful/fun.

Garm used to dole out these awards

BackyardChickAward.gif

I don't know if you have it saved anywhere already, but I found that one on feathersite
smile.png

Helena,

That's a great idea, and thanks for sending over that image!

BTW, this reminds me that I wanted to start a link exchange for BYC.com. Also, on my other forum I have a policy that if people link to their sites in their signature that they also link back to the site or the forum. I doubt I'd make it a policy here, but I'll suggest to forum members that if they post links to their sites on the forum that it would be appropriate to post a link from their site back to BYC.com and/or to the forum.

You gave me a great idea: A really basic "How to care for chickens" page but with links that expand on each section! What do you think?

I think that is the perfect answer. That way you can list the basics so it isn't so overwhelming, but then they will know where to go for more in-depth articles.
smile.png

I'm agreeing with majority here, I don't think personal pages are necessary. Seems like the link to individual web page or email is enough.
The PM is a good idea for those who do not want to share their email addresses.
How do chat things work? I've never used them and don't see I would personally have a use for them, as I seem to converse well enough with folks through the threads/discussions. Am I missing something? (probably, so someone set me straight:rolleyes:!)
The "kid" page page of basics is an excellent (eggcelent:lol:) idea! Great for beginners.
but I'll suggest to forum members that if they post links to their sites on the forum that it would be appropriate to post a link from their site back to BYC.com and/or to the forum.

Totally agree with that.
I'm getting so much out of this site/forum. What can I do to help/give back?​

Last edited:
Quote:
Just keep doing what you and the other members are doing:

1) As you learn, help others that are new / posting questions learn too.
2) Tell your friends about the site (and link to it if you have a site)
3) Help make suggestions & improvements
4) Assist in writing content pages for the site (I'll provide more details on this soon).

Ok.... here is my suggestion....

Could a link change color once I've read it, to mark it so I'd know I'd already visited that forum or thread?

My ONLY frustration here is not knowing what I've read and not read and then clicking on a link that I've already read! (Geezz, this doesn't even make sense to me!)

Let me try again...... When I click on something, could the link I clicked on then change color, a lighter shade of blue? pink? ANYTHING to mark it as already being read in this session.

smile.png

Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom