What Do You Worm Turkeys With?

We use Verm-X, have to order it but works great. We only give the breeders this usually. Only had 2 market birds with visible worms at slaughter time but to help the breeders be 100% healthy we worm them in fall/winter

There are herbal and natural wormers to enhance the immune system of poultry which helps to repel worms.

This is a suitable worming strategy for organic poultry farmers.

Liquid AND Pellets now available to suit your individual feeding regimes.

Two forms of Verm-X for Poultry have been developed. We started with the very successful liquid formulation that is fed by adding to the drinking water, it is perfectly OK to soak some bread with the Verm-X liquid too and feed it to your birds that way. However many clients with free range birds have found that feeding Verm-X in the water may not be very precise as their birds may drink from other water sources especially if it has been raining! So a very convenient pellet has been developed that can be fed by sprinkling on the top of normal poultry feed.

Verm-X Liquid for Poultry

100% Herbal Tincture - The Solution for Repelling Internal Parasites in all Poultry.

"I am very happy to recommend Verm-X to all poultry keepers. The pump action dispenser on the bottle is brilliant and as it goes in their water you can be sure that they are receiving the Verm-X in the required amounts. The fact that it is natural is an added bonus to me and my chickens." Mrs Z Baden, UK.

A trio of sensible sizes of packaging has been developed to suit the domestic owner to a smallholder with 100 or so birds. There is now no need to buy product you do not require.

Being 100% natural herbal formula there is no egg withdrawal period - Verm-X liquid is easy to use by adding to your bird’s drinking water and disallowing any other drinking water for the 3 days per month you add Verm-X. A further advantage of Verm-X over chemical based products is that if you are growing your birds for your dinner table there is no withdrawal period after using Verm-X prior to eating.
Benefits

* Verm-X may be used solely 3 consecutive days every month
* Verm-X has the advantage that there is no egg or bird withdrawal period
* Verm-X is ideal those who wish to explore the natural way of controlling parasites
* Verm-X is ideal for poultry kept on organic farms
* Verm-X is extremely palatable and has no known resistance

Feeding Directions

Add 1.5 ml per bird to their drinking water (disallowing any other drinking water) for 3 consecutive days - repeat every 4 weeks.
Alternatively

Soak small peices of bread with the required amount of Verm-X and feed to your birds

Try to reduce the available drinking water to one days intake per bird to ensure the dose is taken within 24 hours – only where possible.

Every bottle is supplied with a dispensing pump calibrated to dispense 1.5ml.​

Last edited:
I'm confused. I thought DE was supposed to be a good wormer. Did I misunderstand?
idunno.gif

Some people swear by DE. Some wormers say you should not eat eggs or the birds. Personally, I show, so I use a wormer on my birds after the first heavy frost in the fall and again after the first big thaw in the winter. De is suppose to be more of a natural wormer. Twin Cities Poultry supply sells any wormer you may want, including DE and they also have info about what wormer is for certain worms.

I'm interested in Verm-X, but my birds drink from community waterers rather than individually in cages. How do I translate 1.5 ml per bird to 14 hens and a rooster?
Thanks, Carol

I use Ivermectin, the cattle pour on type and apply it to the skin below their vents and under the wings on bare skin. Same way I do with chickens.

old.gif
This really works, Apple Cider Vinegar. 1 Tablespoon per gallon of water for 3 days, every other month. No side effects. Can not use white vinegar! only Apple Cider Vinegar. We do real good with this- example 60lb birds in 8mths. And healthy too.

Back
Top Bottom