What Does Everyone Do With Their Extra Incubated and Hatched Chicks?

My dogs usually keep the coyotes away, but in the fall it seems that there are always one or two of them around.  I've never had to worry about them getting in the coop though.  That was the safety zone, but this one was smart and found the one place that was weak.  Since then that problem has been fixed to be sure, and so has the coyote.  He was not only coming after mine,  he raided my neighbors as well.  All of us were on the lookout and eventually he got a critical case of lead poisioning, which ended the chicken raids.   I've also lost them to other preditors but never so many at one time.  Needless to say I was livid, and heartbroken at the same time. 

We have same problem, I am trying to reduce the problem by trapping

I sell the chicks through Facebook, Craig's list and swap meets. After tomorrow I will have around 225 eggs incubating...I have incubators going all year. I currently have about 100 birds to sell.

I sell the chicks through Facebook, Craig's list and swap meets. After tomorrow I will have around 225 eggs incubating...I have incubators going all year. I currently have about 100 birds to sell.
Do you ever have an issue selling them off?

I sell through a local food list and word of mouth, and extra roosters go into the freezer, or sometimes I take a batch to a USDA processor and then I can sell those too.

Back
Top Bottom