What does your duck house look like?

Pics
I love the setups! So far my ducks just free range and put themselves away at night. I will have to get some pics when the snow lets up...

Right now my ducklings are in a 4'x4' pen in the middle of our living room -

We introduced our dogs to the ducklings on the first day they arrived. At first I thought I would need a top for the pen - the dogs literally drooled for hours, though neither actually tried to get inside. Eventually, my dog came around, as he generally loves everything:

My wifes dog is afraid of them (And trash bags, pillows, people, tiled floors...), but he doesn't really understand how to jump, so it's not a big deal.

The actual duck house is still being built, but I'll post pictures when it's done.

Last edited:
More pics PLEASE
smile.png

Thanks, just LOVELY
love.gif
Now I'm considering building just one coop and using a wall to divide the two like you, though mine will not be even near as pretty! Could you show a pic of each of the other sides of the house and inside, that would be soooooo helpful!

Thanks, just LOVELY
love.gif
Now I'm considering building just one coop and using a wall to divide the two like you, though mine will not be even near as pretty! Could you show a pic of each of the other sides of the house and inside, that would be soooooo helpful!
I'll do my best.
wink.png

This is the front view of the building that was once a storage building, till I got more chickens
big_smile.png

Here you can see where my dh and ds added the duck house on to it. all material mostly came from a construction site our ds was working at and the material was going to the land fill.

This is the est side of the duck house

this is the back side it's been raining a lot so pretty muddy here.

another view of back side

This is the inside of the duck house we built stalls since we have 3 drakes and they would not be happy living all together under one roof. my rooster tail end there.

This shows going from duck side to chicken side.

Another view of inside. Nothing fancy but serves it's purpose

Last edited:
Thanks Miss Lydia!!! Could you tell me what the small structure in the "east side" pic is and what it is used for....also the woodened shingled small structure next to the duck door is and used for?

Thanks Miss Lydia!!! Could you tell me what the small structure in the "east side" pic is and what it is used for....also the woodened shingled small structure next to the duck door is and used for?
single small structure is one of my feeder sheds. and the small structure on the east side use to be my very first chicken coop that is till bird math got me,
tongue.png
Now I use it for broody's, right now my Muscovy duck is brooding in there and I used plastic poultry fencing to keep out nosey neighbors and give her and ducklings some time to get acquainted but everyone can still see each other.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom