What does your duck house look like?

Pics
I'm so excited! Our girls have a new pen!

Hello. Sorry for being abcent for so long. Hope you have been well. We currently have three nesting ducks. I took a large sized dog carrier apart and filled the two halves with pine straw. The girls seem to love it and I find pine straw easier to clean/rake out and less stinky compared to wheat straw. This will be our first year to experience cold weather in the new duck house, so I've been brain storming on the best way to keep the little duckie's feet warm without creating a huge mess. I bought some used heavy duty rubber mats (4x2') and plan on covering the grates. This will hopefully be easy to rinse/ brush clean. :D

Hello,
Depends on the size/breed of your duckies. We have 5 jumbo Pekins and 5 standard sized (mallard/khaki/welsh) that all live comfortably in a (10' x 8')home. The one thing I wish I had done differently with our house is extend the front end of the roof by about 4 feet. I say this bc, although we have a good size lake, the ducks prefer to lie around outside their house during the day, but they get hot and I noticed some of their bills look sunburned. I'm considering building a little covered patio area for them to lounge under on hot days. Hope this telos :)

We added a leanto to the house so their food will stay dry. Though our ducks have plenty of places for shade on a hot day, I find them under the leanto quite often.

Back
Top Bottom