What ducks are more quiet than others?

jadeflower999

Songster
11 Years
May 20, 2008
Vancouver, Washington
Hi Everyone,

I know drakes are quieter but I was just wondering if anyone knew of a particular breed where the hens were also on the quieter side. I would like to get a drake and hen but have
neighbors.
roll.png

I appreciate any advice!!!

Muscovys are by the the least noisy duck I have ever had.The females almost never make a sound and the males only making a hissing noise.Its fun to watch there antics and they are great foragers.

Muscovies are very quite. Awesome breed, my favorite. They are on the larger size but that adds to their awesomeness. lol

One the mallard side you can look into Saxonies. They are really quiet. Muscovy ducks are not mallard derived, they are their own species and they are truly quiet. They do fly so you have to deal with that.

No contest!!!!!! Muscovies are quieter. After having muscovies for several years I got a couple of runner ducks. I could not believe the amount of noise that came out of those little feathered bodies. The first time the geese heard them the whole flock stood and looked at them like they also could not believe it.

Hens seem noisier in general, I find, but the quietest duck I had was a mallard hen of all things. She just quacked when it was absolutely necessary. My buffs aren't as noisy as other duck breeds I have had.

Back
Top Bottom