What else do I need with a small ark?

chickp

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 3, 2010
Georgia
Hi there,
New to the forum and just posted my intro, but I have the opportunity to buy (pretty cheaply!) a chicken ark (in the actual ark shape, link below) tomorrow. It looks great to me and I just wondered what you experienced people thought about it, and also what else I need if I want to make a small run with it? Do I need to mount this on legs, too, so it's off the ground? thanks! obviously i am a total newb and appreciate any help.

ETA: We will mostly likely start with 2-3 chickens and won't have more than 4 (suburbs, pretty close neighbors).

Hope it's okay to post a link:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/grd/1717707344.html

Last edited:
BTW

welcome-byc.gif

wee.gif

As to the furnishings it looks like you need something for a next box and food and water and you will be in business. Putting it on legs would give the girls a little shady spot, which I would guess is important there.

I got the ark delivered today and it is GREAT! The builder (and chicken enthusiast) suggested one of those rubbermaid tubs for nesting. Is that really all I need? I mean, plus food and water dishes (or a water bottle, like for a gerbil, perhaps?). I just love the design, though. The side comes off and the sliding door seems perfect.

Now all I need is some chickies......

Back
Top Bottom