What is a thread killer?

LydsZoo

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 20, 2009
It feels a little bit silly asking this, because It seems like everyone else knows. I was just wondering what a thread killer was?

Short answer - people like me.
lol.png

Not quite as short answer - they're people who post something that is so mind-bendingly boring or so annoying that nobody feels inclined to respond. Thus, no one posts and the thread dies. Some particularly effective thread killers can kill a thread even if the post in question is fine - the poster's reputation is enough to discourage response. No, no, I'm not one of THOSE posters...
lau.gif
hide.gif

Yeah, that's kind of what I thought it was. which means that I was correct in thinking that I am a thread killer, though it is not intentional. Darn...
It's not a good feeling when you notice that you're still the last post on a thread after a few days, that's for sure. unless what you said in that last post was so incredible that everyone was at a loss for words, of course.

wow. I JUST KILLED MY OWN THREAD. Wow.
lau.gif

Last edited:
Once upon a time, I was The KING of thread killing and then Q9 came along and got that monkey off of my back... maybe....

Well.. I dont know about anyone else.. Hehe.. but Handbasket!
The only reason I can think of that a thread you were on would die, is that everyone can see what you say is so definitive, so shockingly apt, & mind-bogglingly brilliant
big_smile.png
bow.gif

Back
Top Bottom