what is charlie the goose

I don't know what his parents are I bought him at a sale. The others are the geese we already had .. which are I believe one chineese and several embdens ... oh and the one we got from the sale for a dollar bc he had anglewings

I don't know what his parents are I bought him at a sale. The others are the geese we already had .. which are I believe one chineese and several embdens ... oh and the one we got from the sale for a dollar bc he had anglewings
Oh, so compared to the emdens, then this one is small? Of course, it´s only young, but Pils, CPG, Shetlands,Chinese too, are all smaller than Emdens. One of my favourite muscovies is one I bought because I felt sorry for her, hardly any feathers on her, poor thing. she´s now the most beautiful bird and a great mother, and so gentle too. Yours with angel wings, did you manage to correct it? Or was it too old? If so, just keep the flights clipped and it should be ok. I´m sure you know that anyway.

Here some more pics of charlie and some of the rest of the flock. Any gender ideas or breed imput are greatly apreciated

Here some more pics of charlie and some of the rest of the flock. Any gender ideas or breed imput are greatly apreciated

Gorgeous! I can make out a chinese, a tufted, and poss two emdens? To me, charlie looks like a cross, due to the markings, the grey being so low down on its neck. But very pretty.
To me, they all look pretty much like males, going by the way they´re behaving... standing tall and upright, also a bit defensive, etc, chest out...the least one is Charlie, but that could be just because it´s young. That´s just my view on them, someone else may disagree.....
big_smile.png

I'm not sure we got the tuffed the chineese and two embdens from orcheliens who get them from ideal hatchery
And the one with angle wings from a sale barn same with charlie :) the hatchery ones would be march babies ... when would they start laying if I have any girls in the group?

I'm not sure we got the tuffed the chineese and two embdens from orcheliens who get them from ideal hatchery
And the one with angle wings from a sale barn same with charlie :) the hatchery ones would be march babies ... when would they start laying if I have any girls in the group?
The´ll start in Jan to March or April, depending on where you are.

Back
Top Bottom