what is charlie the goose

jarvis

Songster
8 Years
May 12, 2011
potosi
Got charlie last night wondering if it looks like a certain breed or if chalie is a mix. Doesnt matter eigther way just wondering

And a quick pic of the rest of the flock

I will get better pics of charlie tonight. Still has its baby fluff on head and some on body. Sweet liitle thing (well smaller than the adults)

If it was produced by the white geese it is either mixed breed or miscolored as a Pomeranian like coloring. I bought 5 goslings for my geese to raise. The babies were from buff parents. This is how one of them. Note one of them is mostly white.

Looks like a Pomeranian to me, though I could be wrong.

If it was produced by the white geese it is either mixed breed or miscolored as a Pomeranian like coloring. I bought 5 goslings for my geese to raise. The babies were from buff parents. This is how one of them. Note one of them is mostly white.
Hi guys. Just out of interest, Pomeranian refers to the place and the breed, not to the saddle pattern. Poms also come in solid colours. the saddle pattern also exists in other breeds. It´s because of the spot gene. This pattern could be from a number of sources.

Hi guys.  Just out of interest, Pomeranian refers to the place and the breed, not to the saddle pattern.  Poms also come in solid colours.  the saddle pattern also exists in other breeds.  It´s because of the spot gene.  This pattern could be from a number of sources. 

In the US saddleback pattern is the only one well known for Pomeranians. I sometimes use Pomeranian to describe the color or markings. Just like people may call a horse a paint horse even though it is a Clydesdale. Poodles in AKC only are shown in solid colors but parti colors exist and can show up in solid color parents. All this to say I need to use the terms for colors not breed names for colors. :)

In the US saddleback pattern is the only one well known for Pomeranians. I sometimes use Pomeranian to describe the color or markings. Just like people may call a horse a paint horse even though it is a Clydesdale. Poodles in AKC only are shown in solid colors but parti colors exist and can show up in solid color parents. All this to say I need to use the terms for colors not breed names for colors.
smile.png
Wow, I´ve only ever seen solid-colour poodles. A friend of mine has a poodle-cross which is buff and white, though.
Looking at this one, it could be a pom, except it´s apparently on the small side, it could be a grey-back, but same thing about size, it could be a female CPG, or a shetland, or a Normandy....

Wow, I´ve only ever seen solid-colour poodles.  A friend of mine has a poodle-cross which is buff and white, though.  
Looking at this one, it could be a pom, except it´s apparently on the small side, it could be a grey-back, but same thing about size, it could be a female CPG, or a shetland, or a Normandy....

Multi colored poodles are uncommon because you can't show them, and breeders used to actually drown multi colored puppies. :'(

Back
Top Bottom