What is coming out of my chicken? URGENT

I agree she has a prolapsed cloaca. I cannot tell if it looks like she is also egg bound, but could be. Give her 600 mg of calcium citrate with d or other calcium, and pop it into her beak to swallow. You can use vaseline, hydrocortisone cream, or other mild oil for the prolapse to keep it moist. Can you feel it to see if there is an egg? I am looking for a video of an egg ound hen with a prolapse to help you.

Thank you all so so much! Will petroleum jelly work? I've used that for egg bound chickens in the past.
Yes, I believe that should work!
Besides that, should I try to put the egg / prolapse back in? Since I've never done this before, should I contact a vet?
Hmm, I'm not sure. Let's see what the experts will say.
Does it seem like it can go back in if you try pushing it in a bit?
Again thank you all so I know where to go from here.
My pleasure!

UPDATE: She took quite a large and healthy looking poop, and now the prolapse is soft, so my guess is that it was the poop causing it to feel hard? I gave her an epsom salt bath, the tums, moisturized the prolapse, I was trying to gently push it back inside but with no luck. I'm not sure if I'm just not pushing with enough force (I am scared lol) or if for whatever reason it doesn't want to go back in. She is contracting.

Attachments

• B86366E0-4BED-42F3-8A91-82363D2F3FFB.jpeg
    B86366E0-4BED-42F3-8A91-82363D2F3FFB.jpeg
    568.2 KB · Views: 13
Great news. Do you have any coconut oil that can be chilled, then cut into small pieces to offer her? A tsp or two can be given to help soften her droppings in case she is constipated. Get her drinking some water, and offer watery feed.

Back
Top Bottom