what is going wrong? ? graphic pic

Yes, the yolk doesn't look good at all in that first photo. I'd be inclined to agree with AmyLynn.
Something that strikes me as well is how glossy/gooey the chicks in the first couple of pictures.

I haven't got anywhere near as much experience as AmyLynn, but my DIS I've checked haven't been like that.
Good on you for eggtopsing those chicks!
thumbsup.gif

I do the animal autoposies and nasty stuff here...and I don't much like gooey chickies.
sickbyc.gif

sad.png
. I hope not. I'm incubating in one with turner and fan then lockdown in a second still air and this round put them in cartons to try to avoid contamination
sad.png
... wait n watch I guess. Thank you for all your help and feedback. I haven't yet had a successful hatch
I hope not too. It's just, you seem to have a good method going and those yolks, especially that first one, just sends warning bells for me. I'd double check temps too, and see if the bator is running a little cool.

sad.png
. I hope not. I'm incubating in one with turner and fan then lockdown in a second still air and this round put them in cartons to try to avoid contamination
sad.png
... wait n watch I guess. Thank you for all your help and feedback. I haven't yet had a successful hatch
What make and model are you using for incubation, and what one are you using for hatching?

Ok. I'm going to have to Google all the bacteria stuff since I don't know what I'm watching for. I cleaned the incubator with mild diluted dish soap then diluted bleach water and sun dried. The one for hatching was new. It did come with a broken thermometer in it that stained it red. I was assured it was food coloring not mercury so I wiped everything clean and let it run on but open a few days before using to dry and air out. Temps have varied between 99.8_102.4 on the still air. I figure a touch on the lower side is safer as the warm days we have had it goes up a degree in there. The incubating one with the turner and fan has been pretty steady at 99.9-100.5. Spiked on the warm days to close to 102 briefly. Today is day 19 for the seramas and 20 for the silkies so still early pips

Little giant incubator farm innovators hatching. I keep 2 thermometer and hygrometer in each because my first batch of eggs temp and humidity were a mess.

Little giant incubator farm innovators hatching. I keep 2 thermometer and hygrometer in each because my first batch of eggs temp and humidity were a mess.
That's what I was going to say. Especially with the newer digital little giants- they are more often that not, a good 3 degrees off and the humidity gages are a joke. See, I told you I knew you had it all together.
wink.png

:). Thanks. I will have to keep high hopes for these little eggs it sounds like. Then re-learn everything. What do you suggest to clean these foam ones? Especially around the fan motor.

Having trouble posting. But I'm new to this and have rescued some duck eggs from a mother that got eaten. I candled them and can see the whole duck moving in the egg. One of them I can see a lot of air space but still has air pouch. As I have no idea what day they are on I don't kno what to do I made an incubator that maintains 99º and 60% humidity. Should I worry about the egg with all the room in it

Back
Top Bottom