What Is The Best Laying Feed You Have Ever Used??

BckYrdChickenMom

Hatching
12 Years
Oct 17, 2007
Willard, NC.
smile.png
I get so many different suggestions that I don't know what to do.
So I turn to my good friends here at the Back Yard Chickens Forum.
big_smile.png

So...
In your honest opinion what is the best laying feed you have ever given your chickens.

Maybe it is the same I use...maybe not.
hmm.png

BUt....

I really want to hear those suggestions, so keep em' coming please.
wink.png

AOL /AIM BckYrdChickenMom:cool:

I now feed mine Purina Layena.. they eat it twice as good as they did the stuff from co-op or dumor either one.. even the cats want to eat it.... The eggs yolks are even nicer.. theres no where near the dust in the bag when you open it.. and it smells so fresh.. When we were buying other feed and would bring it home we could smell it in the car for a day or two.. but with the Layena we dont even smell it when we are bringing it home.. and when its opened it just smells fresh.. costs a couple dollars more but well worth it in my opinion..

Right now, my favorite is Advantage Poultry Pellets from ADM Alliance, the Pen Pals line of feeds. They contain 22% protein, some animal protein for my molters, thinner pellets and no dust in the bag. They are a layer feed because the calcium is up there at layer levels, even though it doesnt say "layer" on the bag.

Purina is the best in my book. They have either layer crumbles or pellets. Much fresher than the Prime Quality brand I was getting before. Purina costs a little more, but well worth it.

I started them off on Purina Mills Flock raiser and now they are on Purina mills Layena. Like everybody else says it is good stuff. I do have a few that would live entirely off from the scratch grain if they could, but I have to remind them that it is only a treat
wink.png

<b>I am so appreciative that yall answered on this so quickly for me.
I'd trust yall better than someone than all those that think they know it all.
Thanks so much!!!!

Looks like Purina Layena and Start & Grow are #1 in here.
Almost everyone has suggested it.
So...I think that is what I will use.
Price does'nt matter...my birds do!!

Again...
Thanks So Much...
...Joanna

AOL / AIM IM me @ BckYrdChickenMom</b>

I have tried several different brands. The top 2 are Dumas (Tractor Supply) and LAyena (Pruina). I would prefer Layena because it does not have any animal by byproducts. Dumas Guarantees no muscle or bone (where the majority of the problems could come from) but it is not animal product free.

Also if you get the Poultry Press and use the coupon , the Layena is less than the Tractor Supply brand.

Back
Top Bottom