WHAT IS THE BEST THERMOMETER TO USE FOR HATCHING EGGS . AND TEMP

rawhideken

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 11, 2013
I have bad luck hatching eggs. I have two Styrofoam still air incubators with fans and egg rotator's. it may the temp is not right how do you know ? I have two good thermometer one read 99.7 the other reads 101.7 so they cant be to far off.. any help please...
Don

I have bad luck hatching eggs. I have two Styrofoam still air incubators with fans and egg rotator's. it may the temp is not right how do you know ? I have two good thermometer one read 99.7 the other reads 101.7 so they cant be to far off.. any help please...
Don

It helps if you have a hygrometer instead of just a thermometer. The hygrometer also senses the humidity. The best ones are air-sensing.
They are like the one used by parrot breeders and in units called "animal intensive care units. Bonaire makes some nice ones, as do some other companies. Make sure you ask to find out if they are air-sensing " types.
http://www.bionaire.ca/bionairebt400.html This is just one company.

Last edited:
A dial thermometer I have never herd of one where do I buy one. And yes I have hygrometer and try to keep it up to 45% not sure what it should be?.
Please help thanks Don

Back
Top Bottom