What is the best way to put a cat to sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Chickens' Maid

Crowing
14 Years
May 2, 2009
CT
We have a 17 year old cat. He seems to be in a lot of pain right now. He needs to be put to sleep, but we don't have the money to take him to a vet. Can anyone help? We want to put him to sleep as peacefully as possible.

Uh any vet that would charge more than $20 to euthanize your kitty should be kicked in the groin repeatedly. Surely you could come up with that in a months time. The humane society would do it cheaper than that. Just call them. You can donate all your kitty supplies (left over food, box, and litter... even a stack of newspaper).

Human sleeping pills. I gave my cat two of my phenergan (spelling?). We didn't have the trauma of taking her to a strange place where her last moments were in fear. She gently went to sleep...
hugs.gif

I paid to have my cat put down two days after Christmas! I am tearing up now because I miss him so much! They ave him a medicine that made him comotose but I know he was scared! Then he gave him a shot directly in his heart that killed him! If I or DH could have done it with a bullet it would have been quicker and more humane! I understand no money!( My sons GF paid for my cat to be put down and I paid her back!) If you ]have a friend or someone that can do it ..say goodbye and let them! It would be best! If you bury your cat dont put it in plastic...just wrap it in a towel or cardboard box. You want it to turn to dust and go back into the earth...no plastic!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

So sorry for you and families loss!

I am in a position where I could help some. Where is your vet and how much is the charge? I would be willing to call them with some money toward the fee. I don't have unlimited funds but I also have enough that your pet should have to suffer, because of your finances at the moment are limited. If a few of us could help this can taken care of very quickly.

I am so sorry that the time has come to let your cat go. You are clearly a loving owner to your cat, and I am sure that the cat will be missed.
hugs.gif

Pardon my bluntness, but I have pets and I worked in vet clinics for many years. I am so sorry that this is happening and I really understand the being broke part.

But a quick dose of reality - you are talking about a living creature here, one that you have cherished and loved for many years. You owe this cat a humane death.

Cancel your internet and take the money to the vet to have the cat put down. Skip a payment somewhere. Eat rice for a week. Find a way to scrounge up the money, please!

I do NOT want to come across as a nasty person. But the cat is a living, feeling being. Name your priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom