What is the breed of our rescue rooster!!!

BookWorm243

Songster
9 Years
Oct 13, 2010
Franklin, NC
Hello! So me and my mom were out looking at a house that is for sale today and this little guy ( really not that ittle ) was living in the bushes! After asking the Neighbors they said that the people living in the house had been gone for awhile and they had no clue who he belonged to. So I spent 30 minutes runing thru the bushes trying to catch this guy, LOL. He is really under weight!!! Once I caught him and got in the car he was a different bird!! You can tell he was someones pet. I'm thinking he was raised as a pet and when they realized he was a rooster they dropped him off. I don't think he is that old, his saddle/hackle freathers are in but he still has no spurs. Anyway he slept in my lap the whole 20 minutes it took to get home, I'm not kidding :) I have him in our coop right now and he seems to be settling in. I gave him some food and water, which he devoured!!! He is super sweet, he doesn't mind me holding him or peting him. So what breed is he?? I was thinking a light sussex but I wasn't sure. He is a big guy, alot bigger than my last rooster!!! Sorry for the horrible picture!!!

He is very lucky that someone like you found him.
hugs.gif

Good job rescuing him! I have a roo that just showed up he looks like hes a year old and I have yet to catch him. He doesnt roost here he roost somewhere in the woods. Hes a pretty boy.

Oh, Thank You
hugs.gif
I felt so bad for him this evening. He is by himself in the coop and I went out right before dark to check on him. When I opened up the door he ran across the coop laid down by my side, dug his head into my shirt, and started I guess you could say "cooing" to himself
love.gif

Scarlett456, I hope you can catch your stray roo!!! What kind do you think he is?

Hey Ramirez, We have been super busy lately and I haven't been able to fine the time to get on
sad.png
You wouldn't happen to want a pet rooster, would you? Or know of someone who does? We are going to see is we can find his owner. If not I don't think we can keep him. All we have are chicks right now, he's going to be all by himself
sad.png
Or maybe I should just get some Light sussex hens to go with him, LOL. Chicken math
roll.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom