What is the dosage for fenbendazole?

One is a Broad Breasted White hen, I believe we have a male and female Red Bourbon turkeys, and I believe the man we got the last male and female from said that the male might be a Nargasett turkey so I'm assuming the female would be too but I'm not exactly sure what breed they are.

I have no idea what they weigh.

Thank you.
Are they pets or food?

-Kathy

@casportpony ....I think I have the dosages down for small flock of 20, but can't find much on egg withdrawal time for the SafeGuard goat wormer. I have seen some that say no withdrawal for eggs and some that say 24 days. Can you clarify?

@casportpony ....I think I have the dosages down for small flock of 20, but can't find much on egg withdrawal time for the SafeGuard goat wormer. I have seen some that say no withdrawal for eggs and some that say 24 days. Can you clarify?
I don't worry about it, I eat them, lol, but I think most people say 14 days?

-Kathy

Quote: Thanks, Kathy! I think that is the route I will go. At worst I think we will all be treated for worms!
big_smile.png

If I buy the Safe-Guard Equine paste do I use a pea size per chicken?
If I buy the Safe-Guard Goat liquid how much do I give?

How quick will I see results? I have a Barred Rock that looks like she is suffering from Gape Worms

Kathy,

I believe in one of your past posts you mention you give Safe-Guard 10% liquid or paste to your average-sized hen at 1.2mL per hen. Do you give this "straight" (meaning straight out of bottle or tube, not mixing with water first)? I have seen so many different suggestions online that I am becoming confused about this.

Like momchick4's last post to this thread, I have Safe-Guard for Goats (Suspension 10%) and would like to treat 1 hen for possible gapeworm.

Thank you very much in advance for your suggestion! :)

Kathy,

I believe in one of your past posts you mention you give Safe-Guard 10% liquid or paste to your average-sized hen at 1.2mL per hen. Do you give this "straight" (meaning straight out of bottle or tube, not mixing with water first)? I have seen so many different suggestions online that I am becoming confused about this.

Like momchick4's last post to this thread, I have Safe-Guard for Goats (Suspension 10%) and would like to treat 1 hen for possible gapeworm.

Thank you very much in advance for your suggestion! :)
If you give liquid or paste at 0.23 ml per pound undiluted orally for five consecutive days, that dose will treat large roundworms, cecal worms, capillary worms, gapeworms, and *possibly* some species of tapeworms... Actually, I think it will treat all but flukes and tapes. Does that help?

Back
Top Bottom