What is the ideal humidity for hatching in an incubator?

Ok... well the problem with adding another tray, is that the tray that turns the eggs has to slide back and forth and there isn't enough space, important to add we have had successful hatches with this incubator...but I moved it from my parents house to mine, where I think we have less humidity in the air due to heating source in the house. Hence why I added the washcloth... my hydrometer alarms when the humidity drops below 30% so I am able to dampen the washcloth. Umm, oh for the hatch I can add another tray of water, last time I used washcloths and a spray bottle...anyways, guess I just will just see how it goes. I know lots of people do use homemade incubators...cant afford to buy one!

Do what works!!

Home-made----look at my pic----those are home-made using what I had laying around and ordering what I did not have. I had to spend about $60 in the hatcher and about $200 in the incubator to get them finished, which holds 288 eggs. I Like---no Love home-made.

Do what works!!

Home-made----look at my pic----those are home-made using what I had laying around and ordering what I did not have. I had to spend about $60 in the hatcher  and about $200 in the incubator to get them finished, which holds 288 eggs. I Like---no Love home-made.

I build my own as well. No one can meet your needs like you can.

So I figured out why I was having such a hard time with my humidity! The new hygrometer I just got, that was supposed to be ready out of the box, was 15 % off, I salt tested before lockdown, and it was reading 60% instead of 75%! So now I have had 1 chick hatch early (Sat morning) and I am impatiently waiting on the others, praying that atleast 1 more makes it out so we don't have another singleton.

So I figured out why I was having such a hard time with my humidity! The new hygrometer I just got, that was supposed to be ready out of the box, was 15 % off, I salt tested before lockdown, and it was reading 60% instead of 75%! So now I have had 1 chick hatch early (Sat morning) and I am impatiently waiting on the others, praying that atleast 1 more makes it out so we don't have another singleton.
Good luck! What day are you on now?

Thanks, going on day 22 I guess, this one being early threw me off! I feel like the others should be hatching, but we had a couple temp drops, so could be off a couple days...

I wonder if anyone is incubating in Kansas generally our air is high humidity anyway? Do u still do the same recommendations for humidity range 40-50 day 1-18 and 60-70% last 3 days

Back
Top Bottom