what is the largest breed of chicken?

Hey guys I was wondering if you could help me.
From a child I have always wanted to have really really tall chickens what is the tallest breed of chickens.

I don't know if their is any Indio Gigante breeder in USA .
I am living in Suriname and have 43.
I bought the egg in Brazil .
Can you import eggs from Brazil ?
I know some good breeders.

I know some top breeders but it's hard for me to bring them legally but I woul be willing to help with the language barrier in case someone is interested to import

I found a guy in Florida that may be able to import
The cost will be at least $500 per bird or more pus the cost of the bird
He still to get back to me with the broker's answers about details

I have Malay chickens. I love them. I am having a problem selling my chicks because people are afraid of them due to their size. My rooster is afraid of the smaller ones. He has never attacked me. And my hen will let me look under her and move her when she's broody. I also have an unknown breed of game fowl. I hatched an egg from someone elses flock. I'm also having issues with someone who is telling others my Malay are not purebred.

Jearsy Giant?   I just wasnt sure.  Can anyone tell me?  /img/smilies/wink.png

I raise Jersey Giants because my research says they are they biggest chicken...but that the Malay is the tallest. Hoping to acquire Malays to cross with my giants one day. I really like big and tall chickens. So why not try crossing? Imagine the possibilities!

Last edited:
I was told by a breeder they came up with the Jersey Giant by mixing other breeds with Malay. Not sure if it's true. But if you haven't tried mixing them yet and can't find the Malay, I have a pair that I breed and hatch eggs from. Or could try my hand at mailing the eggs to you?

I have Malay chickens. I love them. I am having a problem selling my chicks because people are afraid of them due to their size. My rooster is afraid of the smaller ones. He has never attacked me. And my hen will let me look under her and move her when she's broody. I also have an unknown breed of game fowl. I hatched an egg from someone elses flock. I'm also having issues with someone who is telling others my Malay are not purebred.
I am in NW FL and have been looking for some Malay eggs or chicks. I raise Jersey Giants and many others but have always wanted Malays but can't afford to import. Little Eden Farm fb. Thanks p.s. love your birds!

Back
Top Bottom