what is the largest breed of chicken?

Quote:
Yep, excellent free rangers and yes, they're a Gamefowl. They're super moms, super foragers, and super friendly and intelligent, however, they do require some extra care when it comes to perching and growing, and males shouldn't be housed together.

nicalandia
- Nice Brahma! Is he in Europe or his he from an imported flock?

Last edited:
wow thank you all for the input! now hubby is gonna have me lookin all over for jersey's and shamo's! lol

I wonder if anyone here on byc ever has any of these eggs or chicks for sale? I am gonna have to keep watch!

Last edited:
Quote:
some bad pics below

if we are to assume Cochin Roosters are about 30% larger one can Only imagine how large One Should look like..
NNHen4.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
YUP- Just keep your eye on the Auction section here on BYC. If you want good Jersey Giants- check out the Jersey Giant thread by Kathyinmo. I think Wynette here on BYC has them too.

Cople of great breeders of both breeds are on here if ya keep you eye out. And you can post in the wanted section as well.

Whatever the biggest chicken is I hope it's docile! I think there are some exotic breeds larger than the Jersey Giant.

Question for all ya'll big bird raisers... I have LF Cochins, LF Dark Brahma, and now have 1 roo and 3 blue jersey giants pullets. all big birds.. I have raised big dogs we'll forever and we always take them off puppy food earlier than large or med dog breeds because it can make their bones grow too fast and then there can be problems with their legs joints etc.. is it the same with my birlds.. the oldest are the dark brama hens and they 5 months old.. only i=one is thinking about laying, she isn't yet but I figure the lLF or giant breeds mature later due to their bodies working on size as an importance to breeding or laying.. my blues are still you'ins.. only 4 weeks old.. ( I call them my pterodactyl 'd ) .. oh my gosh do they love food of any kind.. non stop eating machines. but like I said used to raising Danes so I expect the large food intake from them.

)O(
Pink

Back
Top Bottom