what is the largest breed of chicken?

Quote:
If your birds are from a hatchery I'd feed them like any other chicken. When I first got into chickens I got myself some hatchery Brahmas, and, well, they were hardly any bigger than the rest of my chickens. Then I got some non-hatchery Sussex and some non-hatchery Brahmas and wow!
th.gif
HUGE size difference.

If yours are not from a hatchery or hatchery stock, try feeding them lower protein feed, as for intake, I've never known larger breeds to be dangerous eaters like Cornish X, so, feed them what they eat.
smile.png

Quote:
Jersey Giants are well known as the big breed.
Many of the other birds mentioned here are very rare, but can reach larger size.

My Ghastly Gordon is a huge thing....NN X Brahma cross, but MUCH bigger than his parents.....oh and MUCH uglier.

IMG_6194.jpg

IMG_6083.JPG

IMG_6044.jpg

Game bird in appearance and very determined to share his genetic material.

Although, not a breed, some people have raised broilers to adulthood and they have reached 20-25 lbs. There's a thread some where on here for one named godzilla. As for making a super chicken that can live longer, how about some take a broiler, jersey giant, brahama, and the biggest of the Thailand game fowl breeds(the asils, malays, and whatever), and cross, and see what you get.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom