What is this “free rare breed”?

she is either deformed or sick.
She may be deformed, but she is definitely not sick. She has a healthy appetite, lots of energy and holds her own, with the flock, in spite the fact that she is the smallest bird. She has spunk and we are really enjoying her. So much so, that DH has given her a name, and we don’t usually name our birds. He named her after his father. His name was Henry. He was small and had lots of spunk. :lau

I'm in the EE boat as well. OP, the pic you have of an EE, that bird is stretching its neck out... I think you'll find that your chicken can do that as well, and that most of the pics you have of her, she's got her head curled up against her shoulders.
That said, EEs can come in any color, body shape, leg color, comb shape, tailed or not... We'll have to wait to see what color egg she lays.

We'll have to wait to see what color egg she lays.
That sounds like a plan. I have 4 Whiting’s True Blue pullets. So, if she is an EE, hopefully she will be laying a different colored egg.

I also have a WTB rooster, so if she starts laying colored eggs, I can put her in with him and his hens, when I separate them, before I incubate their eggs..

Also does she lay eggs?? I ask because she looks like a Cockerel kind of.
Hmm, didn’t think of that. She’s still young, so I don’t expect eggs until January. I figured with the pea comb, that it was a pullet. As a wise friend, of mine, always says . .. ...... “Time will tell”.

Back
Top Bottom