What is this noise my new hens keep making?

Dragonfly830

In the Brooder
Jul 4, 2018
I have 3 silkies, two of which were introduced a few days ago. The two new ones keep making noises that sound distressed, but I can't figure out what they're distressed about other than moving to a new home :/ Can anyone identify these noises?

I dont hear any distress noise.
It sounds like plain old happy chicken talk.
I just rehomed 6 isa browns from a local lady that keeps like 300 birds then gives away the birds that are 2 years old or older. She sells eggs to the schools and nursing homes. A nice older lady that talked my ear off the entire time i was there.
She told me she is constantantly talking to the girls telling them how pretty they are and what nice eggs they lay, and not to fight with each other, hey be nice and dont pick on your sister, and on and on..
Anyway i got these 6 hens home and i notice they are ALWAYS talking to me, and to each other. I love it.
I wonder what they are saying to me!
Your girls are fine.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
My hen started doing this a couple days ago. I noticed she started doing it after a rainstorm that lasted a few days (fairly unusual for this area). She makes this sound ALL DAY and ramps up to get louder and louder. This is my first time owning silkies. Is that normal?

Back
Top Bottom