what is this on my game-cam?

Quote:
Thanks but it isn't the photographer, it's the camera. That Bushnell takes good pictures plus they crop down real well.

Your grey fox is beautiful! Ours here always look like only the meanness is keeping them alive. As for coyotes, I absolutely love them! Used to live close to where people raised sheep and had a ton of hares and squirrels running around. The coyotes never bothered the sheep and kept the smaller critter population down. There was one mother coyote whom after giving birth would sneak away and come into our neighborhood just for a break. Almost always would lay under the shade of a car instead of tree, I think just to get a ride back from animal control instead of walking. They named her Mary, and whenever she'd see the truck, she'd walk up to the vehicle and wait patiently as they'd slide the end of the lead loop around her neck and drive her two blocks away to the hill. We'd always see the coyotes, and never experienced problems with them. Think it was because we live in CA and there was plenty of food sources around all year without them getting into trouble trying to take home pets.

Now, about 24 miles away, where there are fewer homes and most hills turn dry, occasionally small pets would be attacked and eaten. Guess the secret is part of the natural cycle; hares/squirrels, etc.

Quote:
Yeah, the second set of photo but not the OP ones. The OP one had the tell-tale stripe down the tail plus was smaller. I think we're dealing with two different animals.

Last edited:
Sorry woodmort, if i don't seem "experienced" enough to determine what it is. I was just going off the animals I've seen in the past and Google images. And like everyone else, I was just giving my opinion. haha
tongue2.gif
you silly fox believers.

But I'm still going with either feline (probably alone on that one now haha) or young coyote. OP, you could take a picture of you or something else (pet maybe,
hu.gif
) in that spot for a size comparison. Of course, only if you want this to end sooner.
pop.gif
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom