what is this on my game-cam?

I have a friend of over 20 years. She is level headed and truthful, she lives in GreenwichCt. 3 days AFTER the Ct Mt. lion was killed, a deer was slaughtered on the front lawn of the house next door. Nobody heard a thing. The home owner ass. called DEC who came out took the body and said coyote kill. A week ago my friend went into her backyard and came face to face with a Mt. lion. Both where surprised and just froze. For several seconds neither moved, after what seeemed like a lifetime the cat ran off. She called DEC to report it, no matter what she tells them their reply is "your mistaken you didn't see a Mt. lion"

It's definitely a cat, larger than a house cat too. Canine tails just don't curve that way, and the body type too, with how lean and cat like it is.

A better shot would be good, but emailing the shots you have to your states game warden or some such individual wouldn't be a bad idea.

Quote:
No they don't--the "bob" in bobcat is because their tails are bobbed meaning cut short.

Quote:
We have grey foxes here, and although the picture is blurry, it doesn't look like one. You'd also be able to hear them, they're pretty vocal. Also, grey foxes can climb trees pretty well. I make sure that there's no access by means of trees or fences which one can manuver over to get to the chickens. I have one who's even climbed a tree in my front yard, jumped to my second floor balcony, across the roof to the fence and walks the fence to the back yard. She'll sit on the fence or tree or roof and harass the dogs.

Well after reading all the posts and looking at the pics I don't know what it is but it would have been nice to get some pics of the tracks. I hope you see it again in the camera and not in person if it's bigger than a cat. But I'll be waiting and hoping you find out what it is. Good luck.

I vote some type of cat... (not domestic) look for tracks, dead giveaway, if needed, take a pail of sand down there and spread it out, then the tracks will be very identifiable.

Back
Top Bottom