What is this rooster?

Chicken Fruit

Songster
10 Years
Feb 25, 2009
Echo Homestead
It came marked as a rooster. Privitt Hatchery chicks. They are 7 weeks. I had ordered a few hatchery choice roos. Dunno what this one is, he's not any larger than the others, in fact he's a little smaller. Lighter, I mean. And super SUPER friendly. New Hampshire maybe? I dunno.

There is no way thats a RIR. its waaay too friendly. I hate RIRs. Grew up with them. Evil maniacal beasts. LOL. But maybe you're right. And I had a feeling it wasn't truly a roo, I hope its not.

You are so right, @animallover11, they look identical. My dad is going to be so excited. He LOVES RIR's. This one might end up in his yard. We must have had RIR production birds as a kid, they were seriously just the most unpleasant birds on the planet. I can't believe how sweet this one is. Even out of the box it was the most interested in what I was doing, and its the only one that comes over so I can pick it up.

My dad is never going to let me live this down. I refused to get RIR's because they were unpersonable. *sigh* No one tell him. I haven't been wrong in 12 years...
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom