What is this? They keep dyeing

I looked it up and all I could find is that it may be something called Coryza. It is caused by bacterial diseases transmitted through carrier birds and contaminated water. It says what to do is to destroy the birds. That's just a terrible thing to say though I wouldn't listen to that advice at all. You can research it yourself and see what you find though. I hope you figure it out!

We had a hen with similar symptoms, it was a simple respiratory problem, not the "C" word. We talked extensively with our ag agent and we were told that Coryza is reported and usually you are not the FIRST to report the problem in area. In other words, there symptoms are shared with MANY respiratory ailments, but the diseasae is more rare than one would think when checking symptoms online.

Look to see if there are any vitamin deficiencies that may have these symptoms. They are so little and fragile as chicks, there is not enough time to diagnose and save them. Do disinfect your brooder and water, feeding items. If it keeps happening, it could be something still hanging around.

I wish you luck! I am sorry for the sadness.

Back
Top Bottom