What is wrong with this ducks neck(I think shes fine, but im just wondering)

DingusDuck

In the Brooder
Sep 6, 2023
View attachment 3733067
The neck isn't stuck like this, she just seems to posture her neck strangely, when eating she'll move her head in a way that makes me think she's shoving food down(In a weird way with the strange neck). I haven't really noticed any problems with this duck, I was just wondering what's wrong with the neck and if it needs any attention.

She is a silver appleyard.

This might just be normal, but it seems more exaggerated than the other ducks.

Last edited:
she may be gulping the food down as fast as she can so she can get more. I think a larger feeding bowl or multiple bowls/buckets might help. I have 12 ducks and I use 4 water buckets and when I feed mazuri floating feed I put some in all of them so nobody has to rush

she may be gulping the food down as fast as she can so she can get more. I think a larger feeding bowl or multiple bowls/buckets might help. I have 12 ducks and I use 4 water buckets and when I feed mazuri floating feed I put some in all of them so nobody has to rush
There is a larger feeding bowl, I just like to go by them and feed them sometimes.
She sometimes seems to be like that when walking around too, the other ducks have their neck all straight, but hers is slightly bent.
Thanks for the response!

Here's a video of her doing it with out food

Back
Top Bottom