What is your Chicken's Favourite Food? (List 3 only)

Mine really like Hamburger, bread and meal worms. I know they really don't like cabbage, lettuce and for some reason if my scratch has oats in it they leave the oats
idunno.gif

I have silkies and they like waterh.melon. I hate it when it makes them red thoug

I mixed some sunflower seeds (the kind without a shell- just the insides) with my ducks' scratch once and put it out in a bowl for them. When I came back there was just a bowl of sunflower seeds. I don't even know how they did it!

Mine really like Hamburger, bread and meal worms. I know they really don't like cabbage, lettuce and for some reason if my scratch has oats in it they leave the oats
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Well I only have chicks that are about 2 weeks old. So or course they LOVE their starter food! But I have witnessed one of the chicks, catching small moth (that landed in the water dish) on two seperate occasions. MAN, it was a frenzy of activity as the other chicks tried to get it from her. So I guess for now, moths are #2 in their book. :)

Fun thread.....

Mealworms (I bought them freeze-dried)
Sprouted, unsalted sunflower seeds
Clover

Least: Pumpkin seeds. Weird, but they liked them at first, then turned their beaks up at them.

Back
Top Bottom