What are your top three favorite silkie color/varieties?

• White

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Black

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Buff/Red

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Blue/Self-blue/Gray

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Lavender

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Cuckoo/Barred

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Partridge/Moorhead-partridge

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Splash/Paint

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Other (please post below)

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Porcelain

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

PioneerChicks

Naturalist
Sep 4, 2019
Idaho -- currently roadschooling
My Coop
My Coop
Hello fellow silkie lovers!

Just for fun, I wanted to do a vote to find out what everybody's favorite silkie color/variety is. Putting all thoughts of show and non-recognized varieties aside, vote on the poll for your top 1-3 favorite(s). You don't have to own the color to vote for it, and pictures are always welcome (chicks and adults)!

I don't have many colors of silkies (only buffs and blues, and maybe some mixed-color chicks drying in the incubator right now :celebrate ) but I'm hoping I'll see some cool pictures of other varieties of silkies, and just silkie pictures in general! It's okay if somebody else has already posted a picture of your color(s) of silkie, post more! Silkies are cool! If you know of a variety that's not on the poll please post below, hopefully with pictures!

This isn't all about silkie colors, it's also a chat thread for other silkie stuff. Let's talk silkie!

Tagging @Fur-N-Fowl, @HuffleClaw, @silkiemother, @Ahovis20, @HookLineSilkie, @Muscovy Wunda, @aSoftsilkie, @Hughes Wildlife Farm, @Hinotori, @AllenK RGV, @Rshumpal, @Jamesthesilkie, @MysteryChicken, @SilkieLoverFarm, @Love my chickens 25, @BantyChooks, @Chicks 'n ducks, and @LynnaePB! (Sorry if I missed some of you, I just named off the ones I could think up off the top of my head. Hopefully more silkie keepers will find this thread!)

IMG_20191122_132453.jpg
Skye Bloo, my blue silkie pullet.

20191227_125518.jpg 20191227_122325.jpg
Faline (left) and Piper McCloud (right), my buff pullets.

20191227_123204.jpg
Peter Pevensie (left) and Bob (right), my two silkie cockerals. Both are blues, though Peter is so dark that he is almost black!

Last edited:
I breed whites, partridges and golds but out of the selection my favourites are white, partridge and blue!

I recently sold my blue. Not because I didn’t like her but because she was going to another breeder that was working on breeding LF bearded blues. With my current breeding male, I’d never be able to achieve blue chicks.

That being said, I absolutely adore Porcelain Silkies (blue/gold as people also call them). Of course, they aren’t standard but there’s a possibility that one could hatch from some eggs I’m incubating which I won. If I do get one, I may have to keep it!

Beautiful silkies, @Trimurtisan!

That being said, I absolutely adore Porcelain Silkies (blue/gold as people also call them). Of course, they aren’t standard but there’s a possibility that one could hatch from some eggs I’m incubating which I won. If I do get one, I may have to keep it!
I'll add Porelain to the poll!

Just for fun, I wanted to do a vote to find out what everybody's favorite silkie color/variety is. Putting all thoughts of show and non-recognized varieties aside, vote on the poll for your top 1-3 favorite(s). You don't have to own the color to vote for it, and pictures are always welcome (chicks and adults)!

I don't have many colors of silkies (only buffs and blues, and maybe some mixed-color chicks drying in the incubator right now :celebrate ) but I'm hoping I'll see some cool pictures of other varieties of silkies, and just silkie pictures in general! It's okay if somebody else has already posted a picture of your color(s) of silkie, post more! Silkies are cool! If you know of a variety that's not on the poll please post below, hopefully with pictures!

This isn't all about silkie colors, it's also a chat thread for other silkie stuff. Let's talk silkie!

Tagging @Fur-N-Fowl, @HuffleClaw, @silkiemother, @Ahovis20, @HookLineSilkie, @Muscovy Wunda, @aSoftsilkie, @Hughes Wildlife Farm, @Hinotori, @AllenK RGV, @Rshumpal, @Jamesthesilkie, @MysteryChicken, @SilkieLoverFarm, @Love my chickens 25, @BantyChooks, @Chicks 'n ducks, and @LynnaePB! (Sorry if I missed some of you, I just named off the ones I could think up off the top of my head. Hopefully more silkie keepers will find this thread!)

View attachment 2023777

View attachment 2023779View attachment 2023781

View attachment 2023786
Peter Pevensie (left) and Bob (right), my two silkie cockerals. Both are blues, though Peter is so dark that he is almost black!
I have 2 black chicks and 2 white chicks and 1 buff chick!! I think that they are no bearded to if anyone has some bearded Silkie eggs that They don’t want I’ll take them off your hands!!! I love my little cotton ball babies❤️❤️❤️❤️

View attachment 2023777

View attachment 2023779View attachment 2023781

View attachment 2023786
Oh and I LOVE blues!! But splashes are my fave!

I love the multicolored silkies! It's really hard to pick but my favorite colors out of the ones listed are probably paints, grays, and partridge/moorhead-partridge. I am working on breeding paints right now but I'd really like to start up a calico project as well. I've seen the most beautiful pictures of splash calicos and parti paints which I'd really like to try to breed towards. :)

I've currently got paints, white from paints, black from paints, a couple partridge, one splash, and a few blue silkies (a few might be mix colored). I've also got some red pyle eggs on the way so I'm hoping to add that variety as well which could possibly help with getting a calico project started in the next year or two.

I don't have any grays but here is my favorite colored paint and moorhead-partridge that I own. Both of these girls are broody right now so I dug up some old pictures of them from this summer/fall.

pp.jpg

Here is the above paint as a baby.
pp baby.jpg

part.jpg

20200211_180105.jpg 20200211_180109.jpg
Any guesses on what colors these silkie chicks will be? I have 2 blues and 3 blacks for sure, but there are a couple I'm not certain about. The options are blue, black, splash, blue-buff mix, and blue or buff silke/spangled game bantam mix. (One of the darker colored chicks in the basket isn't a silkie, but I don't know which one. And there were a couple more chicks with slightly feathered feet already in the brooder that I can get pics of later.)

Back
Top Bottom