What ISNT wrong with this chick?!!!

20180203_151012.jpg
20180203_151242.jpg

Attachments

• 20180203_151210.jpg
    20180203_151210.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 3
I don’t think it’s his breast bone it’s his crop that’s sticking out. I wouldn’t wash your birds and put them outside make sure they are fully dried before bringing them back to the barn that will definitely cause frostbite from the fluctuation in temperature. I would make sure there is some sort of ventilation because the condensation from the birds exhaling can also cause frostbite because it leaves the birds moist. I would definitely treat for Bumblefoot and check other birds for frostebite to see if you need to put in some sort of ventilation.
I dry them completely with my hair blow dryer in my chicken spa lol

That actually makes sense because their bedding was wet and sloppy this morning from dumping their water. There's only 3 chicks and he's the only one with this. And I never saw him sitting in the corner before today

So what can I do about that?
Keep it clean. Make sure he doesn't get covered in poo again, or infection may well result, seeing as those are breaks in the skin you're seeing. If you have vetwrap and gauze, you can bandage up the bottoms, which helps keep the germs out. If that's too much work, just make very sure his area is clean. Monitor for things going awry and he'll probably be fine.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom