What killed all my chickens?

So I’ve had game chickens for about 8 years now and have only had to deal with coons, possums, and the occasional stray dog getting some of my birds. In those cases, it was rather easy to determine what got them. They’d usually only get one or two birds when they did attack, but you could see their tracks and I’d catch them coming back the very next night.

I digress, for the past year my chickens have been roosting on the peak of my tin roof. Which is roughly 40’ high and sloped at about 45 degrees. For that time not a single bird has died until about two weeks after I left for school. My parents said that something was getting them at night cause they’d see them when they went to bed then find feathers out in the field in the morning. The thing is that my goose would start going insane and wake them up if anything started walking up and he never did. Also, my parents would easily be able to hear feet shuffling on the tin roof.

Im guessing it’s an owl. I would say a hawk but the hawks that have always hung out around the house have never tried. I’ve watched them countless times just act like my chickens aren’t worthy prey.

What do y’all think?

Attachments

• A8C593BF-320E-4E17-A677-576AC0843B3A.png
    A8C593BF-320E-4E17-A677-576AC0843B3A.png
    606.7 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom