What kind of chicken is this?

dranchhens

In the Brooder
Jun 11, 2015
Redlands, CA
We took in 4 chickens from my son's kindergarten class and have been able to discover the breed of the other three except this one. Can anyone help in letting me know her breed? She is the first of the chickens to begin laying eggs. She's very inquisitive and a great chicken, but we don't know her breed and are new to chicken raising but enjoying our journey. She is 4.5 months old.

Wow! I have never heard of that before. Is that an official breed? We don't care either way - she's a great chicken but just curious? She's doing a good job laying so far!
1f60a.png

Wow! I have never heard of that before. Is that an official breed? We don't care either way - she's a great chicken but just curious? She's doing a good job laying so far!
1f60a.png

Production Reds are not an official breed although they will breed true. They are produced for egg laying purposes by hatcheries who cross red gene roosters (Rhode Island Reds, New Hampshires, or Production Reds) with red gene hens (Rhode Island Reds, New Hampshires, or Production Reds). The Production Red offspring do not conform to any SOP standards, but they will all be red gene chickens.

Back
Top Bottom