What kind of Chicken......

RoyalCoopMom

Songster
6 Years
Feb 13, 2015
St Louis
Can anyone help identify these two girls? I think one is a Ameraucana but not sure about the other, the lighter one has white lobes. The feed store says they are between 5 and 9 months but I am guessing the first one is <4 months old and the second one is around 6? Any tips on estimating age?

Attachments

• Charlotte.jpg
    Charlotte.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Kiko.jpg
    Kiko.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Can anyone help identify these two girls? I think one is a Ameraucana but not sure about the other, the lighter one has white lobes. The feed store says they are between 5 and 9 months but I am guessing the first one is <4 months old and the second one is around 6? Any tips on estimating age?

The hen to the left looks like a Dorking bantam and the cockerel to the right looks like a bantam lavender Orpington. Hope this helps! They looks like two beautiful 4-7 month old chickens. :)

OK then I was way off base guessing Amerucana and Favaucana. But the pics I see now match pretty close. I'm surprised, my experience hasn't been great with the white leghorn I have, very flighty, but this little girl (the silver leghorn) is pretty friendly more so than the splash even.

Back
Top Bottom