What kind of ducks are these?

Thanks for the tips everyone. The reason I'm irritated with tractor supply is they could have told me it wasn't a mallard or even that they were unsure and I would have been fine but they are the ones that told me it was a mallard and had a sign posted that said mallard. At that point you assume your getting a mallard lol. Luckily I don't really mind. The rouen I have is really sweet and turning out to be the most tame so far. I'll just take this as my lesson learned and go to a feed store next time. :) they probably know more about what they are talking about. :)

Last edited:
Wow that is irritating. Did you check to see if it's toe is clipped? I'm just curious. Can't believe they would actually have them posted as Mallards and it not be one.

Thanks for the tips everyone. The reason I'm irritated with tractor supply is they could have told me it wasn't a mallard or even that they were unsure and I would have been fine but they are the ones that told me it was a mallard and had a sign posted that said mallard. At that point you assume your getting a mallard lol. Luckily I don't really mind. The rouen I have is really sweet and turning out to be the most tame so far. I'll just take this as my lesson learned and go to a feed store next time. :) they probably know more about what they are talking about. :)

Wow that is irritating. Did you check to see if it's toe is clipped? I'm just curious. Can't believe they would actually have them posted as Mallards and it not be one.

I haven't got to look at its little feet yet. My mom is ill so I've been visiting her today. She is about to start her next round of chemo so I wanted to get in a visit before mothers day. I'll check in the morning and report back. How do I check it's feet again? What am I looking for? :)

Just see if it's missing a back toe or not. Legally a domesticated mallard is supposed to have one of its back toes removed before being sold. So if it's missing one you have a mallard if not Rouen.

I haven't got to look at its little feet yet. My mom is ill so I've been visiting her today. She is about to start her next round of chemo so I wanted to get in a visit before mothers day. I'll check in the morning and report back. How do I check it's feet again? What am I looking for? :)

Back
Top Bottom