What kind of gosling is this?

adrian

Songster
10 Years
May 12, 2009
Regina, SK
The mother is definitely an embden (although apparently she is a cross; she is white, has blue eyes, is big, etc) -- father is unknown. The gosling has brown eyes.

IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

Last edited:
She is super cute.
big_smile.png
The woman I got her from still can't believe she has brown eyes because she doesn't have any geese with brown eyes. BUT, the female who hatched her was mating with another male before she was purchased and brought onto the breeder's farm, and she was laying then, too. It's a mystery.

So, I've talked to some people and they think she's either a toulouse/embden cross of a pilgrim/embden cross. The question now is, can the sex be determined by coloring if it's a toulouse/embden cross? I've seen that cross on Youtube but they all looked more like typical embdens than this one. They seemed to have dark eyes, but had normal pink bills and more of the standard embden coloring, which this one does not have. I've had pilgrims before, and its coloring pattern reminds me of theirs; but too dark for a male, and too light for a female.

Here are some more pictures, for enjoyment or guesses...
smile.png

IMG_1603.jpg

IMG_1608.jpg

With flash, it looks different:

IMG_1619.jpg

So, what is she/he? Boy, girl? Embden/toulouse, pilgrim/toulouse? Something else entirely?

Back
Top Bottom