what kind of hens do I have?

sands1980

Hatching
5 Years
Jul 9, 2014
[/IMG]

I purchased some orphan chicks from the feed store when my orp lost hers. She adopted them right away. Now I'm just at a loss trying to figure out what these 2 are! The gold lady looks like an orpington but she's developing black tips on her tail feathers,she's very sweet and personable. The other however is not approachable at all and looks like a roadrunner lol. Fun to watch though. Please help!

Last edited:
I thought she was an orpington! She's very calm unlike any of my reds. And the leggy one has no muffs and has a longer less curved body than any of my ee's . After looking up the brown leg horn, I'm thinking that's what she is. Thank y'all for your help!

Last edited:
The second one is a production red or maybe a NH red. She has yellow legs, Orps have white. What kind of comb does the first one have?

Last edited:
The first might be a EE but would like to see a better picture, the second one is a production red. Definably not a buff orpington.

Last edited:
Ok not an orpington
1f622.png
lol they were both sold as hens. I will research the nh reds. The other has a very thin and short comb she's also very skittish unlike any of my other chickens.

Her head and neck feathers are golden and fade into grey on her body which fades to black into her tail feathers. She has a long stride and runs more often than not. Def not an e.e. I have plenty of them. ..big variety.
She also has yellow legs

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom