What kinds of Predators have taken your birds?

What Predators have you lost your birds to?

• Foxes

Votes: 40 29.0%
  • Raccoons

Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Hawks and Falcons

Votes: 68 49.3%
  • Eagles

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Other birds of Prey - Condors?

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Minks, Ermine, Martin other Weasely things

Votes: 17 12.3%
  • Bears

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Snakes and lizards

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Two Legged Predators

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Dogs

Votes: 61 44.2%
  • Cats

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Anthing else that wants a chicken dinner or egg breakfast?

Votes: 36 26.1%

• Total voters

BillHoo

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 4, 2008
Just trying to get a survey of the top or most frequent predator here.

Multiple choice if you have been so unlucky.

I forgot to include Alligators and large catfish, but if you have experience with those, do share the stories!

Last edited:
Dog. It made me so angry because I try to be so responsible for MY pets when other people let there dogs run around the neighborhood and break people's hearts when they kill their chickens. Even if their goods dogs that won't change their instincts. Now I have to be responsible for their dog. AND I'm to nice to shoot the dog :p

Several of mine were taken by a fox... just a little pile of feathers left. Lost one to a mink or some kind of weasel- it just bit the bird in the head and left her there. Not sure which was worse :(

The neighbors tiny little rat dog.. Twice, a Guinea and our sebright.. We chased him down thankfully and put an end to it.. Now there is a big dog roaming around.. Cannot stand people that are irresponsible with their animals..

Oh that's the worst... I'm sorry :( I've been lucky enough not to have experienced dog problems, but I know several folks who have. People that don't control their pets shouldn't have any!

Back
Top Bottom