What low temp is ok for 4 week Peking ducks?

Secnars85

Hatching
Mar 18, 2024
Hi, I’m just curious what temp is ok for 4 week Pekin ducks? They are finally starting to get some feathers coming in. I have them inside at night and during the day outside as long as it’s around 70, I’m just wondering if they still need the heating pad at night? It stays about 67 in here at night. I have read so many different things. Thanks 😊 🦆🐥

You don't even want to know what low temperatures the ducklings we have here can handle. But of course they are being breed/prepared to be able to withstand the temperatures of Mars some day...🤣😂 same with the chickens we have here.

So anyway I'm not sure about your ducks but I'd say that 67 is perfectly fine. 😉

You don't even want to know what low temperatures the ducklings we have here can handle. But of course they are being breed/prepared to be able to withstand the temperatures of Mars some day...🤣😂 same with the chickens we have here.

So anyway I'm not sure about your ducks but I'd say that 67 is perfectly fine. 😉
Sorry, don't know if this is information that you can just give or not but what temperature can your ducklings handle and chickens. And what are these ducklings and chickens ( what do they look like ). Thanks for answering. Even if you can't tell us yet still thanks for reading this and your time! 😁

Sorry, don't know if this is information that you can just give or not but what temperature can your ducklings handle and chickens. And what are these ducklings and chickens ( what do they look like ). Thanks for answering. Even if you can't tell us yet still thanks for reading this and your time! 😁
I will start a conversation with you to give you the information. At least as far as temperature goes.

I will start a conversation with you to give you the information. At least as far as temperature goes.
Here is a pic of them today, one has splay leg, always doing the splits and I have been doing the niacin supplements , nutritional yeast and actual duck food. Just curious about the temps during day and night.

Attachments

• IMG_2556.jpeg
    IMG_2556.jpeg
    922.5 KB · Views: 8
They are huge, but so curious about temps, they are too big to keep inside all day in brooder. One has a bit of splay leg, does the splits pretty easy, need to use it legs to help build them back up. And we have been doing the niacin and nutritional yeast and we also did the b supplement. Just don’t want them to get cold.

They are huge, but so curious about temps, they are too big to keep inside all day in brooder. One has a bit of splay leg, does the splits pretty easy, need to use it legs to help build them back up. And we have been doing the niacin and nutritional yeast and we also did the b supplement. Just don’t want them to get cold.
Sorry for the late reply. I am going to visit the facility where my little special chicks and ducklings are tomorrow. I will get pictures of them for you and send you some of the records of the temperatures that they can take and are kept at.
I don't have recent pictures on my any of my phones now. I usually try to keep updated pictures of them all the time because I like being able to look at them but between all the chicks and ducklings there and the ones I have at my house it's crazy.

Also I actually bought some Peking ducklings from a store about 6 years ago maybe and they did fine in the temperatures that you are talking about putting your ducklings in. I do also think that they would benefit from being able to run around and get some exercise. Those kinds of ducks grow fast and big ( for a duck. Mine that I got from the store are about 5-7 lbs ) so exercise would help build muscles in their legs to make sure that they are strong enough to carry their weight around.

Also they are so cute! They look big and healthy to from the pictures.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom