What next? These animals scare me..

No not animals just people fighting for THEIR cause as we d:hmmne could call US troop occupying countries animals as well. I certainly would if soilders raided my home while the children and I slept.We caused a lot of innocent civillian deaths.They do things.We do things.Humans.

I think the worst animals right now are syrian government supporters that are torturing children.Now those guys are animals.

At one time the taliban visited this country.Once friends and then sometimes enemies. It happens.Perhaps in years to come there will be friendship again.It has happened.We must forgive each other and move forward.Really no point in our troops being there.Like Iraq there has to be a go time,and when that is will not make a difference in what happens in that country.

I wasn't intending to post on this thread because sensible discussion of such topics is usually wrecked and the thread closed. However, in the hope that this one will do better, Mattemma, I agree with you.

The description 'animals', if it applies to the Taliban, could apply even better to some other forces. In any case, most animals won't attack unless they are first attacked or threatened.

Go back into recent history for a moment. The Mujahideen were armed, funded and trained by Western powers to fight the Russians in Afghanistan. This loose group broke up later into the Taliban, which controlled the south of Afghanistan, and the Northern Alliance. As far as I'm concerned, the one is no better than the other.

The Taliban were accused of harbouring Osama bin Laden and, therefore became the enemy of the West. In fact, the demonising of the Taliban had more to do with their reluctance to accept a gas or oil pipeline across their territory. Bin Laden escaped and, we are told, is now dead. If the official story about the war with the Taliban is true, why does the war continue? Bin Laden is dead. Job done.

The Northern Alliance is being supported by NATO in a bid to give its members, corrupt and extreme though they also are, power over the whole of Afghanistan. Even if we accept the official line, this is futile and none of our business. Young Western lives are being sacrificed in the hope that Western commercial interests will get their pipeline. The only country in which the Taliban is a threat to the West is Afghanistan. If we continue to harass them that may soon change.

Syria is a difficult one for me. The brutality of the Government there is shocking and my heart tells me that intervention from outside is needed. However, look at what has happened in Libya since France and Britain helped the rebels to oust Gaddaffi. They cried out for help and now we see a multitude of armed groups who proclaim their version of Islam and have no interest in the West or the democracy that they said they wanted.

The rebels in Egypt have now been sidelined by members of the old regime and the Muslim Brotherhood.

Would Syria turn out any better if the West helped the rebels to overthrow their government?

The regimes that many in the West believe should be replaced were always brutal and ruled by force but they were supported by Western interests until recently. What has changed to justify the new attitude of the West? People in those countries neither understand nor want democracy and, with some justification, point out that the example of it that we set is flawed. The quickest way for their differences to be resolved is to let them get on with it. If we encourage rebels, those in power will become more forceful in an attempt to quell the rebellion before Western military get directly involved.

Billions of taxpayers money in various currencies has been thrown at these futile conflicts. I think that most of our countries have greater needs at home for that money.

Hey...just my opinion...
noone has to agree with me.. :)
And they certainly are animals..

Last edited:
Perhaps we'll have a sensible thread after all!
smile.png

I understand that there are many thoughts on this subject..different opinions are expected.
I hate those threads where you have to agree with the poster or they get their panties in a knot..:lol:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom