What next? These animals scare me..

I find it hard to understand how people in this country expect people in other cultures to change within a few years and act like "us" or "democratic" or "humanitarian" or "whateveradjectiveyouwant to use" when for literally thousands of years their cultures have acted totally completely different. It took an entire generation (25 yrs) for the American Revolution to effect any change and evolve within itself-- and the words there are "within itself".
I feel for the people within other cultures. I really do. But I don't feel we should force change on a people who are not ready for it. They themselves must want and evolve the changes.
Likewise if any entity strikes at us, it behooves us to defend ourselves in any way we see fit. I am very passive and peaceloving,live and let live. I don't agree with your way of life but that is your choice , not mine.
Just don't attack me and don't antagonize me needlessly.

I would go further and suggest that we don't have a right to expect them to change their culture or political systems. If we enter their countries with military force and tell them that they will adopt Western democracy, we can't complain if, one day, they invade Western countries and introduce their systems and beliefs.

I think any government that does what Syria, Libya, Iran, Iraq, and TONS of others.... are animals. But its the officials and people that do the evil things, not the countries themselves that are the issue.
And people in the US are in that same boat.
People who want to condemn other peoples religions and personal human liasons, those are some of the worst animals (with apologies to actual non human animals).

I can't disagree that some of those regimes and nasty, to say the least, but is there any sign that what replaces them is any better? Western lives have been sacrificed in the thousands for us to find that bad guys have been replaced by different bad guys.

Sure maybe...if everyone agrees with me.
tongue.png

As i do. And now I am stepping away with careful steps.......

It is within a countries right to have the political system they so desire. If it is a monarchy or communistic government they want then let them have it. I do not agree with hurting and killing the innocent though.

Last edited:
Quote:
I can't disagree that some of those regimes and nasty, to say the least, but is there any sign that what replaces them is any better? Western lives have been sacrificed in the thousands for us to find that bad guys have been replaced by different bad guys.
Alot of times, it doesn't have to be western lives... we here in the U.S., appointed ourselves as the world's police.. and now that is a job we do not need to have. We need to work with the UN, NATO and with our Allies, and come in when asked. And leave the tide has turned, use sanctions and other means at our disposal.

I do not agree that we went there for a pipeline that will never be built. The companies that looked at building one decided it would not be cost effective.
We asked them to hand over Bin Ladin and they said no he is our friend. The friend of my enemy is my enemy. We shouldn't still be there we should have left with a note that if the same group was allowed to regain power we would be back.

:old

I agree with this..

UNOCOL said that the pipeline wold not be built until there was a single government in Afghanistan. That seems like a very clear statement to me!

By accident I came across a site that is quite graphic.Had no idea there was such graphic sites.Essentially I saw page after page of what people all over the world do to each other.Some people had excuses,and some just did it(murder) for the heck of it.Many cases unsolved even in this day of DNA.Corruption at all levels.

I get a knot in my stomach just recalling it.There are *animals* among every group of humans-everywhere. It is horrible what is going on all over the world and even close to home.Why do people have to be like this towards each other???

Back
Top Bottom