what now

thehbcrew

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 9, 2011
Long Island
Last week i had to take care of one of my first chickens, she was about 5 months old. Not sure what happened but she got lathargic, segregated herself from the rest, and everyday she just diminished more and more until she could barely walk. So i took care of it before she got even worse. So today my wife noticed another one kind of sitting near the garden not moving to much. She went over and noticed a few of the chicks eating a soft egg. When i got home she was still in the same area. when i went over i pet her then she kind of just walked away went to the coop and got some water. I did notice her comb his kind of just flopped over. Not standing up like the others. Is this a sign she is getting sick? maybe i can catch it before it gets to late

Sorry I'm not sure but you can call a verinarian and as them for advice.
smile.png

Are you seeing any signs of cocci? Some of the symptoms you are mentioning make me think of that.

check her crop, make sure it's not impacted, I had a hen do that too, wouldn't eat for a couple days, I massaged her crop (which felt hard) and gave her some mineral oil, she was as good as new

Back
Top Bottom