What religion do you belong to?

I'm a born again child of the most high God. a born again christian. i don't have religion i have a relationship with Jesus Christ. He loves all of us just the way we are he went to the cross for us and saved use for are sin.

Last edited:
An interesting thread. The diversity of church, if not the basic beliefs is very wide. we have yet to here from Jews and Muslims, though.

I always distinguish between church and personal religious belief when thinking about religion.

Here's my religious path so far. In explaining the whys and wherefores, I hope that I keep within the rules of the forum.

I was baptised into the Church of England as a baby and confirmed as a young teenager. None of that was my choice but I accepted it, going to Sunday school when young and joining the Christian Fellowship at school later. I eventually began to question the demands that I accept everything that I was taught and didn't like the presence of Sunday only believers at church. As my ability to think things through for myself developed, I stopped attending church but continued to work out my beliefs privately.

Much later in life, I attended Spiritualist churches and enjoyed the services, the teachings and the company. Although my beliefs held fast, I stopped attending after a few years because there were too many people there for the wrong reasons. I continued to develop, using my own head and other company.

Then my daughter began to research the family history and confirmed the belief that one strand of the tree originated in Germany a long time ago. Old photographs suggested, judging by the physiognomies, the this strand may originally have been Jewish. That didn't confuse me but it caused me to rethink a few points.

Now that I live in Thailand, I have an opportunity to observe Buddhism in practice. It'[s a philosophy rather than a religion because there is no god, despite the reverence for the founder, Lord Buddha. Sadly, much of what I see is corrupted by the modern monk-hood and confused with Hinduism and Animism. However, I spent two and a half days in London listening to the Dalai Lama and that was a very enlightening experience.

I can't give myself either a church or religious label now. I question everything and allow my beliefs to develop with time. Some of the questions I ask myself and some of the things I observe would be outside the scope of this thread so I can't write about them.

When the process of development will stop I don't know. Presumably, it will be immediately before I find out the Truth!

Last edited:
I was born and raised Southern Baptist. As an adult, I am spiritual but do not adhere to any specific religion. Truth, freedom, and nature is what I strive to live by.

I'm liking this thread, and am glad to see it go 80 posts with no fighting/preaching/insults. Finding it enlightening/informative. Cool photos, Jack.
Me too.
big_smile.png
I love that everyone can share their beliefs and get along in the process.

Back
Top Bottom